Home School Community Liaison Teacher
We are very lucky to have a Home School Community Liaison teacher in our schools . The HSCL teacher promotes active cooperation between home, school and community agencies. The HSCL teacher:
- Offers a welcoming face to parents
- Welcomes parents into the school
- Works to build relationships of trust and respect with parents
- Visits parents in their homes and listens, encourages, supports and offers practical advice on how parents can best support their children
- Operates a Parents’ Room
- Facilitates classes and courses for Parents
Some of the HSCL activities we offer are:
- Classes and courses for parents and guardians e.g. Crafts, First Aid, Computers, Wellbeing.
- Maths for Fun
- Language games for Fun
- Homework Buddies
- Incredible Years Parenting programme
- Sacramental preparation
- Parents' Group
- Transition to secondary school
The Parents' Room is based in the Senior school, near the Music room. We run a variety of courses and classes for parents in this room. The Parents' Group meets here every Friday morning at 9am for a cuppa and to discuss school issues. We would love you to get involved so feel free to call in anytime. Your support to our school is vital.
If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on 086-7931194, Andrea Rice. You can What's app or Viber me also on the above number or send me a Call Me and I will get back to you.